There is a Sunshine Award going around in the blog world and I recently got it…Blushing. Because I often wonder who out there bothers reading BozAround. So I’m extremely thankful to Bianca from Scandinavian Mum for choosing me with her kind words, along with 4 of my favorite blogs. It took me a bit of time to react. But, inspired by the BAFTA, the Grammy’s, and the Oscars season, I’ve decided it’s time to honour my award too. And what better day than today to enjoy some warm rays of lights. Yes, this is the view from my window right now. We’re in the French Alps with the children for (yet another) UK school vacation (I’ll try to do a post on that later).
When receiving the award you are asked to answer some questions and pass the award to 5 other bloggers who deserve some sunshine too.
Onto the questions first…
Favorite colour: Bright, soft, tender, striking. I have had the image below on my desktop for a while. Got it from Famille Summerbelle’s blog a long time ago, and it’s the work of artist Miranda Skoczek. I love it, it sums it all for me in terms of colours that move me.
Now…if you really ask me what’s my favourite color… I’ll confess. It’s PINK. Yep, we even have a pink – no, wait… two ! – pink sofas at home in our living room. From a soft Jaipur Pink to a pop Fluo Pink. I love ALL PINK!
Above, my ‘Jaipur Pink’ sofa, the two cows heads we brought from Kerala and some lacquered bowls from Burma.
Favorite animal: The Elephant. The royal, majestic Elephant. The first time I found myself facing a herd of Elephants was in Zimbabwe in 1991, when I was working as a summer student with Air France. And I remember going to this beautiful natural park, faced with hundreds of them passing by. And I cried.
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Fresh mint tea. But also fresh squeezed carrot+beetroot+apple+ginger juice for bkfast. And fresh lemonade on a hot summer day. Oh, and lots of hot chocolates since we’ve arrived in the Alps this week.
Facebook or Twitter: I’m slowly getting into Facebook, especially as a way of hearing from friends far away, but I feel a bit clueless about it all. There are less than 100 people who Like BozAround:-( I guess it says it all! I don’t go as often on Twitter. But I know I should if I really want to be a blogger!
Favorite number: Seven.
Favorite day of the week: Lundi matin, l’empereur, sa femme et le p’tit prince sont venus chez moi,pour me serrer la pince. Comme j’etais partie, le p’tit prince a dit…puisque c’est ainsi nous reviendrons mardi. Mardi matin, l’empereur, sa femme et…. Short answer: it depends.
My passion: exploring. ideas, the world, people’s minds, bookshops, hidden corners..
Getting or giving presents: both! equally! in no moderation!
Favorite pattern: the ones on Rio’s sidewalks
Favorite flower: Tulips, any colors.
Onto my nominations…And the Sunshine Award goes to…
I confess, I am not someone who spends a lot of time reading blogs, simply because I find myself always running after time. However, I do it in waves and when I do it, here are five blogs I always take time to explore. By the way, there are many more but they’ve already been nominated!
– Meghan at DesignTripper: I just love Meghan’s eye. Everything she spots, I wish I could fly to and experience it for myself. The perfect blend between travel & design.
– Yolanda at Travels with Clara (and also at Momfilter, but does it qualify as a Blog?): Feels we’re so likeminded when it comes to family travel. I’m excited to have just booked our Easter week in Tuscany at that palazzo Yolanda raved about last week.
– Julie at Once, in Marrakech: Julie’s blog brings me the warmth of North Africa that I often long for.
– Anne at Pret A Voyager: she does not know it but I am a big fan of Anne’s blog about travels & design. And I love that she is based in my hometown yet I always manage to learn new things about Paris (still laughing from the Paris swimming pools recent post!).
– Julie at Famille Summerbelle: while the above focus more on travels and culture, I can’t help mentioning Famille Summerbelle’s blog, although you’ve heard me talk about it many times on BozAround. Julie can spot the best in design, be it in the children’s world or the wild wide world.